- Fashina, A. A., Abdilahi, S. M., & Fakunle, F. F. “Examining the challenges associated with the implementation of project scope management in telecommunication projects in Somaliland” PM World Journal, 9(3), 1–16, 2020.
- Fakunle, Funke F., Opiti, C., Sheikh, A. A., & Fashina, A. A. “Major barriers to the enforcement and violation of building codes and regulations: a global perspective” SPC Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2(1), 12–18, 2020.
- Fakunle, F. F., & Fashina, A. A. “Major delays in construction projects: A global overview.” PM World Journal, 9(5), 1–15, 2020.
- Omar, M. A., Fashina, A. A., & Fakunle, F. F. “The status quo of Somaliland construction industry: A development trend.” PM World Journal, 9(5), 1–18, 2020.
- Abdilahi, S. M., Fakunle, F. F., & Fashina, A. A. “Exploring the extent to which project scope management processes influence the implementation of telecommunication projects.”PM World Journal, 9(5), 1–17, 2020.
- Sheikh, A. A., Fakunle, F. F., & Fashina, A. A. “The status quo of building codes and construction practices in Somaliland: practitioners’ perceptions” SPC Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2(1), 4–11, 2020.
- Fashina, A. A., Fakunle, F. F., & Opiti, C. “Exploring the common delay factors related to major parties involved in construction projects: A systematic review.” PM World Journal, 9(5), 1–17, 2020.
- Fashina, A. A., Abdilahi, S. M., Fakunle, F. F., & Ahmed, M. H. “Examining the project management practices that most significantly influence the performance of SMEs when executing projects in Hargeisa.” PM World Journal, 9(6), 1–19, 2020.
- Abdilahi, S. M., Fakunle, F. F., & Fashina, A. A. “An overview of the applications of project scope management in the telecommunication industry: Approaches, impacts, constraints and practices.” PM World Journal, 9(6), 1–17, 2020.
- Fashina, A. A., Sheikh, A. A., Fakunle, F. F. & Opiti C. “The drawbacks of the lack of building codes and regulations in Somaliland: Public health and safety implications” PM World Journal, 9(7), 1–24, 2020.
- Fashina, A. A., Abdilahi, S. M., Fakunle, F. F., & Ahmed, M. H., “Exploring the extent to which SMEs can realize a better organizational performance when various project management practices are linked together.” PM World Journal, 9(7), 1–24, 2020.
- Adebayo Adeboye Fashina, “Science and Technology: A Primary Engine for Sustainable Development in Africa.” African Leadership Magazine, 2019.
- A. Saleh and A. A. Fashina. “Design of a hybrid solar photovoltaic system for Gollis University’s administrative block, Somaliland” International Journal of Physical Research 7(2), 37-47, 2019.
- A. Fashina. “Is there a possibility of Perovskite taking over the solar technology market by 2030.” International Journal of Physical Research 7(1), 1-2, 2019.
GOLLIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH (SGSR) INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL PUBLISHING
Gollis University Management wishes to congratulate all its graduates and members of the faculty for attracting international visibility through by publishing their research papers in various international journals. We must acknowledge the fact that most of your papers were peer reviewed by highly internationally recognised editors from Harvard University, Oxford, New Dheli, Cambridge, to mention but a few. Gollis University believes that technical knowledge-sharing is the only way to problem-solving in our country. Evidence-based research is necessary for micro and macro-economic development as well as smart international relations. One of the Gollis University’s strategic plan 2015-2020 is to enhance research capacity of its students and members of the faculty. As an Institution, we value advanced research for problem-solving. We are pleased to share our database and research papers with a wider audience. Government, local and international agencies could use our international journal publications for addressing most of the sustainable development pressing needs of Somaliland and beyond. The list of our publications are accessible on the School of Graduate Studies research website. Feel free to download and make use of publications for the benefit of mankind and the common good.
Table 1 below shows the summary of 2017, 2018 & 2019 International Journal Publications of Master Students and Some Professors.
|N/L||NAME OF GRADUAND||RESEARCH TOPIC||JOURNAL|
|1||Dr. Ahmed Ismail Ali||Challenges of Nomadic Pastoralists in Availing Primary Education to their Children, focusing on Hawd Region of Somaliland.||American Research Journal of Humanities Social Science (ARJHSS)|
|2||Mr. Guled Ahmed Hash||Implications of Male Teachers’ Domination in Selected Primary Schools: Barrier to addressing Drop-out Rates of Girl Pupils in Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research & innovations|
|3.||Mr. Guled Ahmed Hash||Implications of Male Teachers’ Domination in Selected Primary Schools||-Published in Germany as full thesis.|
|4||Ayan Abdirahman Omer||Understanding the barriers to the attainment of the Living Income of Women in Small Business in Somaliland: A Case Study of Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|5||Hamda Abdallah||Determinants and Dimensions of Household Food Insecurity Risks in Hargeisa City, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|6||Abdikadir Mohamed Daud||The Impact of the 2011-2018 Dinka and Murle Inter-Ethnic Conflicts on Child Rights Protection: A Case Study of Boma and Jongolei States in South Sudan.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|7||Abdikareem Essa||Isolation, Identification, Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test of Salmonella on Small Ruminants Meat at Sheikh Abattoir, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|8||Mawliid Ahmed||Role of Women in Post-Conflict Peace Building in Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|9||Yassin Hussein||China’s Infrastructure Investments in Djibouti, Djibouti: Mutual gains or just an expansion of China power?||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|10||Ahmed Yoonis||Assessment of the Magnitude and Determinants of the Unmat Need for Family Planning among currently Married Women in Reproductive Age in Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|11||Saed Ismail H. Awed||The Impact of Income Generation Projects on Rural Livelihood Transformation in Sheikh District, Somaliland.||International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research|
|12||Zamzam Hussein Akli||Assessment of Women Political Participation in the Community Development in Sheikh Region of Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|13||Eng. Mohammad Ahmad Yahia||The Nature of Road Design: Risky to Managing Hargeisa-Berbera Highway Safety, Somaliland.||International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research|
|14||Abdirahim Ibrahim Hassan||Barriers to Local NGO Sustainability of Vocational Institutes whose Construction Was Donor-Funded to Empower Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|15||Abdisalam Hassan||Assessment of Medical Waste Disposal in Hargeisa-Public Hospital, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|16||Moukhtar Hussein Robleh Said (current-SGSR Dean-Amoud University-Somaliland) Published 2017||Factors influencing the Performance of Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) in Somaliland: A Case Study of Hargeisa City.||Global Journal of Management and Business Research: Administration and Management.|
|LATEST SGSR STAFF PUBLICATIONS–2018|
|NAME OF LECTURER||JOURNAL|
|1||Dr. Mohamed Dek and Prof Gerald Ainebyona||Analysis of American and Chinese Policies for Africa: Insider view focusing on scramble for natural resources and conflicts.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|2||Prof. Gerald Ainebyona||The Fragility of Higher Education in the Post-Conflict Somaliland: A Dialogue.||American Research Journal of Humanities Social Science (ARJHSS)|
|3||Prof. Gerald Ainebyona||Reintegrating Female Ex-Abductees of the Lord’s Resistance army of Gulu District in Northern Uganda.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|4||Prof. Gerald Ainebyona||Somalia Peace Process: Navigating Possibilities for Peaceful Co-existence in Somalia.||Forthcoming|
|5||Prof. Gerald Ainebyona||Curriculum Management in the Learning Process within Universities today: A path to Reforming Current State of Higher Education in the Post-conflict Somaliland.||Forthcoming|
|6||Prof. Gerald Ainebyona and Dr. Mohamed Dek Sukal||Contextualizing Security in Somaliland: An Insider Perspective.||Forthcoming|
|7||Prof. Phillemon Landy Tubei||Challenges of local women development NGOs in contributing to economic transformation of Hargeisa, Somaliland.||International Journal of Social Science & Humanities Research|
|8||Prof. Phillemon Landy Tubei||Challenges of NGOs in Economic Development of Third World Countries: A Case Study of Somaliland.||Published in Germany as a full Textbook.|
|9||Prof. John Paul Otieno||An Assessment of the Role of Risk Management Practices in Core Banking Software Project Success: A Case of Commercial Banks in Kenya||International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences.|
|10||Dr. Amelle A. Yassin, M.B.B.S||Health Sciences Research||Global Health Journals|
|11||Sa’ad Ahmed Abdiwali||Knowledge, Attitude and Practices Towards Hiv/Aids among People who Live in State House IDPs at Red Sea, Jig Jiga Yar, Hargeisa, Somaliland||International Journal of Healthcare Sciences|
- One of our School of Graduate Studies Professors was recently appointed by two International Journals as an Editorial Board Member.
- At SGSR, we practice teamwork rather than competition to achieve the desired results.
- We value evidence-based teaching
- We believe that if an education cannot address the micro and macroeconomic challenges, the host institutions are wasting time.
- We also believe that an education should have a social-economic and political positive impact on the host country.
Dr. Abdi Hussein Gass
President, Gollis University
List of International Journal Publications of Master Students and Some Professors